photos of the motherboard inside the tablet

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 21:24:06 CEST 2016

https://goo.gl/photos/quGg9V331qkF4XcZ9

The pictures came out OK, I'll take some more when the replacement
speaker comes and I have to disconnect the cables to fit them.

You can see in the second photo that the texture of the thermoplastic
speaker housing has changed and become smooth.

When I have fitted the new speakers, I will try and split open the
housing of the old ones and determine how they failed. It might be
that the housings are salvageable, and thus possible to replace the
drivers alone. Knowing if this is possible might be a massive benefit
to someone if their speakers get damaged and they can't find complete
units.

I'll try and get better pictures of all of these, but I really need a
macro lens or a close-up adaptor. I'm set manual focus minimum
distance, and then move the camera as close as possible using focus
peaking to ensure the image is as sharp as possible.