We got Sound!!!

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 22:46:12 CEST 2016

thanks, I screwed up on the .conf file, fixed that now.

I also discovered some old blacklists in /etc/modprobe.d/baytrail.conf
file, fixed.

So I removed the alsa.state file, rebooted, a new one got created, and
I see the following...

# aplay -L
null
pulse
   PulseAudio Sound Server
default:CARD=bytcrrt5640
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=bytcrrt5640
   bytcr-rt5640,
dmix:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Hardware device with all software conversions

if I run aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav, I don't get any
sound, and the command runs a long time and I have to ctrl-c it.

if I run pavucontrol, it hangs a long time waiting to connect to the
pulse audio server and finally times out.