We got Sound!!!

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 09:54:01 CEST 2016

Hi,
I built the wifi driver for your kernel and put it at
http://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/toshiba_click_mini_l9w/r8723bs-4.7.3.10--stripped.ko

I installed the kernel you built, no problems booting it.  keyboard,
touchpad, touchscreen all good. Wifi ping RTT seems stable, which is a
good sign.

I also put your .deb files in that downloads folder in case anyone
else wants a copy, as they may find it easier to wget the files than
pull them from G drive.

sadly, I didn't have sound at all

# aplay -L
null
pulse
   PulseAudio Sound Server

I did put the firmware files in the right place. do I need to modprobe
a driver, do you have anything in your module configurations?

I then started randomly modprobing any driver files that looked
applicable and got some drivers. Couldn't play sound. I ran alsamixer
and un-muted everything, getting a click one just one item, still no
sound.

thanks for your help in this
Paul