kernel 4.8.0-rc4 -amd64

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Mon Sep 5 14:24:23 CEST 2016

Le lundi 05 septembre 2016 à 11:09 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> I think I am the only person who's running with linux's root partition
> on a memory card, and that seems to be the cause of most of my
> problems. I think I will have to go down this path.

I'm pretty sure eMMC is much more stable than SD, not counting the
performance, which is probably better than most cards...

> I persuaded another friend/colleague and another friend/former
> colleague (Hello Boran, if you're on the list now), who's a real linux
> driver guru, and am hoping he can improve the stability. He recommends
> disabling power saving in the GPU too as well as fixing CPU cstates.

I think I have cstate=[I don't rememnber], which is not big issue WRT
battery life. You should post your recommended kernel command-line when
you post a new kernel.

> Boran popped the back off his TCM, but couldn't see any sign of one of
> the UARTS being accessible via some solder pads - if he could, it
> would have given him a serial console for debugging the kernel, which
> would be a massive win.

I'd love to see images of that thing ! I'll probably eventually open the
keyboard just to look at the battery and controllers. But that's just a
peripheral...

--
NH