kernel 4.8.0-rc4 -amd64

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Mon Sep 5 10:16:25 CEST 2016

Le jeudi 01 septembre 2016 à 23:58 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> having removed the 32 bit installation from my tablet, and moved the
> /boot partition further "up" the eMMC, I now seem to have a fresh
> problem, in that my TCM won't boot linux (which is on a memory card)
> when the card is in the tablet's slot, it will only boot OK when the
> card is in an external reader (it will probably work in the dock).
>
> anyway, 4.8.0-rc4 works well, the wifi driver behaves normally with
> reliable latency (unlike previous kernels above 4.5).

I tried your 4.8 this WE : the Wifi doesn't work reliably for me... It
works for a few minutes, then interrupt 142 (mmc0, the sdio Wifi) is not
taken care of and disabled. The machine lags from this point on various
tasks, including shutting down (waiting for things like unconfiguring
networks, obviously).
Apart from that, 4.8 is OK for me (nothing much better, nothing worse
than 4.7). I got rid of Windows and reclaimed the partitions on the eMMC
device for Linux. I don't use SD cards.
I'll give a try at software suspend, in order to have a working suspend
to disk not depending on hardware, and I'll try to have backlight
control, thus longer battery life...
The device was good enough for me this summer, even using my Android
phone as a Wifi device (tethering).
Thanks for all your work !

--
NH