4.8.1, dock card problems - was Re: 4.8.0-final with Okusho Drago config

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Oct 16 12:52:50 CEST 2016

Le dimanche 16 octobre 2016 à 11:40 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> Someone's posted patches now for running 4.8.1 on Baytrail, so I'll try
> those and see how well it does.
>
> I was using my TCM as a media player, running Windows, playing music from a
> card in the dock, and it would occasionally glitch and windows indicated it
> thought the card was being removed and reinserted. This might explain why
> running with Linux on a card in the dock is flakey for me.
> It was fine playing from the card in the tablet, so Linux should run stably
> there for me.

Except for the flakey MMC path... The dock SD card reader is an USB one,
which uses a totally different path in the kernel.
eMMC seems to be good. MMCIO (internal Wifi) is flakey. MMC may be as
flakey as MMCIO (they're closely related).

> Has anyone else observed this problem in windows?

I didn't use Windows too much. I vaguely remember noticing strange
behaviour with the USB ethernet dongle, like random USB disconnects.
That's not too problematic, since the network gets back up cleanly and
quickly. It may be related to the same problem though : random
disconnects of the whole dock, maybe because of the connector, maybe
because of the embedded controller.
I wouldn't (and didn't even try to) put a root filesystem on a doubly
removable media though ;-)

--
Nicolas Huillard