4.9.0-rc5 - was Re: 4.9.0-rc4

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 22:48:20 CET 2016

On 15 November 2016 at 09:48, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> Thank you for your efforts. I feel that you're alone doing and testing
> and reporting... I'm sadly quite busy these times, so I can't contribute
> much. My TCM is sitting next to my main keyboard though, just in case...

if people could try these kernels and see if they're more stable for
them, it would be useful.

it does seem that my TCM is more prone to lock-ups even though there
seems to be only one revision of the motherboard which we all have,
the same stepping-level of CPU, and with no replaceable microcode then
we should all have identical issues/stability. yet that doesn't seem
to be the case.

we really need some brave person to remove the metal shield over the
baytrail SoC and ancillary chips, and see if it's possible to tap into
a spare UART, and thus give us the chance to use a serial console.
then my friend/colleague Boran (not sure if he's on the list yet)
could then try and debug the kernel.