4.6-rc6 working wifi - Re: Kernel 4.5

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Tue May 24 14:32:00 CEST 2016

Le mardi 24 mai 2016 à 10:24 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> On 24 May 2016 at 08:20, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> > Touchpoad + keyboard is the same workaround re. ELAN0800 not found
> > elsewere. You previously forgot it at least once...
>

> I've been an idiot. John Brodie added it to his patch set for kernel
> 4.6, so I stopped needing to do it. I've asked him to copy it to his
> patch set for 4.4.

Remember that this patch is a workaround, meant to have the touchpad
recognised as a mouse.
The proper fix would be to have the Elan touchpad driver to work with
that ELAN0800 device. I tried to get in touch with the maintainer,
without success. Maybe someone with a better understanding of the kernel
and HID drivers could have a new try at this; adding a comment to that
patch along the lines of "if someone could have the elan touchpad driver
to work with the ELAN0800 device,that would be nice". Also note that
this patch retrogrades all Elan devices as PS/2 mice. That may
inconvenience some Asus users...

--
NH