Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 09:05:48 CEST 2016

On 29 Mar 2016 00:17, "Gee" <groeg3 at web.de> wrote:

> Shame about the messed up Windows. Have you been able to fix it with a
> Windows boot USB? Hope you won't have to set it up from scratch again (I
> ended up doing that recently).

I booted the Windows 10 ISO and ran the rescue/recovery but alas it failed.
I've tried other remedies I found on random websites but no joy. If Linux
ran well, I'd not care that much :-(
However, I did prove that it was very slow because the uefi firmware must
have been scanning all the gpt partitions for firmware and getting stuck,
because I switched the microSDHC from gpt to mbr table.
When I first started this project, I used the memory card as an entirely
stand-alone bootable device, with gpt partition table and a UEFI boot
partition, and the card in the dock - tablet's firmware can't see the
internal slot and boot off it. I later switched to having /boot in the
eMMC, and just root on the sdcard, so I can boot Linux with the card in the
tablet or the dock.