Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 15:08:27 CEST 2016

On 28 March 2016 at 14:02, Gee <groeg3 at web.de> wrote:
> Many thanks, now it's there! Unfortunately it seems my problems were not
> with my build but the kernel in general. It freezes within seconds of
> booting up (mostly before I manage to login, occasionally about a second
> after).
> Interestingly, the 4.4.6 kernel seems to have the same problem, although
> I have managed to properly boot it about two times. If it doesn't freeze
> within the first couple seconds, it seems to run stable, which is a bit odd.
>
> I have had a look at my system-log, and strangely there seems to be
> something sending the system to sleep when it crashes.
> The last couple lines before a crash always concern systemd reaching
> target sleep, starting suspend and suspending sysem. Any idea why that
> might happen and how to solve it?

are you still using systemd? it seems to think that it needs to
suspend the computer.

hack /etc/systemd/logind.conf

and add

HandleLidSwitch=ignore

and restart. maybe, just possibly, it will help.

do you remember me saying how slow mine was to start - about two
minutes from hitting enter on the eEFInd entry to having the grub
menu. I became convinced it was because my SD card had a GPT partition
and residue of a previous linux install complete with EFI partition
etc. So I had a clean up, and now Windows 10 is broken. sigh.
http://imgur.com/CmJh0LK