Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 17:34:27 CEST 2016

On 27 March 2016 at 12:53, Gee <groeg3 at web.de> wrote:
> Hi and thanks for the compiling work. I still don't have time to
> actually learn enough about compiling myself with all the additional
> patches etc, but at least I managed to finally get my basic Debian set
> up again on the Click Mini.

it's pretty easy, really. I'm not a true expert

do a git clone of the hadess wifi repo, or, a "git pull" whilst inside
the existing cloned repo

then download the linux-4.5.tar.xz, into /usr/src, then unpack with
"tar xJf linux-4.5.tar.xz"

go into linux-foo directory and do the patching like this

# for X in ../rtl8723bs/patches_4.5/*; do echo "==== $X ====" ; patch
-p1 < $X ; done

then build with