Kernel 4.5

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Mar 27 16:53:32 CEST 2016

Le dimanche 27 mars 2016 à 13:53 +0200, Gee a écrit :
> Hi and thanks for the compiling work. I still don't have time to
> actually learn enough about compiling myself with all the additional
> patches etc, but at least I managed to finally get my basic Debian set
> up again on the Click Mini.
> Currently using your 4.4.4 kernel, which seems to work fine at the moment.
> In fact, I'm running it without any extra boot options (i.e. no
> intel_idle.max_cstate etc.) and it works ok for the moment. Will monitor
> the situation, of course, just had it running for about half an hour or so.
> In case that's relevant, currently I'm using the xfce version of
> sparkylinux. I will probably set up i3 later on, and might also try
> gnome to see if I get hangs then (or more hangs than on lighter window
> managers). Generally, gnome seems like a potentially nice choice for a
> touch device, but last time I tried it on the Click Mini it just felt
> pretty sloooow.
>
> I'd also love to try the new 4.5 kernel - is it possible that you have
> the older version of it online? I tried it and mouse/keyboard didn't
> work. Would be great if you could upload your recompiled version!

Mine is 64bits, with btrfs, less lots of roughly useless stuff and
drivers (I didn't check very much what I disabled). I didn't upload it
anywhere yet, but I may, if someone's interested in 64 bits without
Wifi.
Paul's kernel is probably still 32 bits though, and have Wifi.

--
Nicolas Huillard
nicolas at huillard.net
Fixe : +33 9 52 31 06 10