Kernel 4.5

Gee groeg3 at web.de
Sun Mar 27 13:53:15 CEST 2016

On 03/26/2016 02:49 PM, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> well, apart from ACPI, it's been pretty poor.
>
> lots of errors on the console when using internal wifi, and a hard
> lockup at the login screen - didn't even log in - this is with the
> patched kernel and the intel_idle.max_cstate=1 kernel option.
>
> another time I switched to the character console and there were lots
> of errors, and when I tried to ping or ssh it, got a total crash.

Hi and thanks for the compiling work. I still don't have time to
actually learn enough about compiling myself with all the additional
patches etc, but at least I managed to finally get my basic Debian set
up again on the Click Mini.
Currently using your 4.4.4 kernel, which seems to work fine at the moment.
In fact, I'm running it without any extra boot options (i.e. no
intel_idle.max_cstate etc.) and it works ok for the moment. Will monitor
the situation, of course, just had it running for about half an hour or so.
In case that's relevant, currently I'm using the xfce version of
sparkylinux. I will probably set up i3 later on, and might also try
gnome to see if I get hangs then (or more hangs than on lighter window
managers). Generally, gnome seems like a potentially nice choice for a
touch device, but last time I tried it on the Click Mini it just felt
pretty sloooow.

I'd also love to try the new 4.5 kernel - is it possible that you have
the older version of it online? I tried it and mouse/keyboard didn't
work. Would be great if you could upload your recompiled version!

Thanks a lot, I'm really thankful for the progress you guys are making!
Hope I can contribute in some small ways as well some times.