Kernel 4.5

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Mar 27 11:23:37 CEST 2016

Le samedi 26 mars 2016 à 13:49 +0000, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> well, apart from ACPI, it's been pretty poor.
>
> lots of errors on the console when using internal wifi, and a hard
> lockup at the login screen - didn't even log in - this is with the
> patched kernel and the intel_idle.max_cstate=1 kernel option.
>
> another time I switched to the character console and there were lots
> of errors, and when I tried to ping or ssh it, got a total crash.

I was able to use my 64 bits 4.5 kernel with the very light openbox,
without a crash (but without stressing it either).
I do not concentrate on Wifi/Bluetooth, but rather on GPU stability. I
still have to try newer DRM/DRI, along with the latest xorg driver, and
also Wayland, which may not trigger hard hangs.

--
Nicolas Huillard
nicolas at huillard.net
Fixe : +33 9 52 31 06 10