Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 12:03:18 CET 2016

I had to rebuild, having forgotten to do patch the
drivers/hid/hid-core.c file the first time. good and bad news...
kernel 4.5 boots fine, but the internal wifi doesn't work.

ACPI has taken a leap forward, it's actually useful now. I noticed
because booting into XFCE there was an immediate notification of the
battery status

root at toksvig:~# acpi -V
Battery 0: Charging, 86%, 01:51:24 until charged
Battery 0: design capacity 5200 mAh, last full capacity 4599 mAh = 88%
Battery 1: Full, 100%
Battery 1: design capacity 5200 mAh, last full capacity 4811 mAh = 92%
Adapter 0: on-line
Cooling 0: INT3400 Thermal no state information available
Cooling 1: TCPU no state information available
Cooling 2: STI1 no state information available
Cooling 3: intel_powerclamp no state information available
Cooling 4: Processor 0 of 10
Cooling 5: Processor 0 of 10
Cooling 6: Processor 0 of 10
Cooling 7: Processor 0 of 10