Kernel 4.5

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 14:05:08 CET 2016

On 21 March 2016 at 12:15, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21 March 2016 at 10:57,  <christian at boltares.de> wrote:
>> the hadess repository has added Patches for the Kernel 4.5
>> -> https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs/tree/master/patches_4.5
>
> great news, I'll grab them later and see what I can make.

work* has been pretty hectic but I have downloaded, patched, adapted
existing configuration and started building a 4.5 kernel for testing.

* I've been wrestling with a broken IBM server (which is tricky
because until a few weeks ago I'd never touched any IBM Power8 stuff
with LPARs (VMs to you and me!), and a lot of their terminology is
different, and AIX is also a bit alien. And also trying to beat an
ancient (bought about 2008) HP Integrity box into submission (Itanium
processor) with a new install of HP-UX so it can be used as a build
machine.