Fedora on Baytrail (link)

Gee groeg3 at web.de
Fri Mar 11 01:45:43 CET 2016

On 03/10/2016 10:54 PM, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> Indeed, before I even bought my Click Mini, I found read the fedlet
> posting to see what chance there might be of running linux on a
> baytrail device.
> it was the fedlet posting that helped me identify that SystemD was
> part of my initial problem - it kept trying to suspend my tablet - so
> I switched systemd off.

This link isn't for fedlet though, more like general tips for running a
Toshiba Encore WT8. I don't know how much of the hardware is shared with
our click, but it seems he's got sound working with some fix from the
T100 project. He's also got some other tips I wasn't aware of
(unfortunately, I cannot test whether they are any good at the moment).

He seemed to have problems with kernel 4.4 and suggests 4.3 instead,
which seems like the opposite of Paul's experience. Maybe that shows
that the device is quite different from our click after all, don't know.
Might still be worth checking out for those of you who currently have
working setups.

ps: sorry, this was meant to go to the list