Linux On A Toshiba Click Mini...

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 13:05:49 CET 2016

Hi,
thanks for posting the kernel config.

I am pleased to say I have a working kernel version 4.4.4, 32 bit.  In
case anyone's running 32 bit and wants to try it out, I put the DEBS
and the wifi driver, and config, at
http://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/toshiba_click_mini_l9w/

One thing I noticed was that the mouse moves much better than with the
4.2.8 kernel, which you suggested was caused by frequent USB
disconnects.  Also, if I ssh in over the wifi, I don't get the bursts
of jitter/lag that I used to. Overall, it seems quite promising.

I've only just tried the new kernel, when I've had a longer play I'll
send a follow-up if I discover anything interesting.

I tried the config with kernel 4.3.6 because that seemed a natural
progression from my 4.2.8 kernel which sort of works, but the
touchscreen and keyboard didn't work. Rather than expend any more
effort I moved on to 4.4.4.

To build it, I took the vanilla kernel.org source, patched it with the
patches from hadess github*, and built it with the config you provided
which I tweaked a little bit. I hacked the hid-core.c file as per your
suggestion, then just did "make -j 3 deb-pkg"

You need to copy the r8~~ko file to /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/wifi/ then run depmod -a

In the process of tweaking the config to make a 32 bit kernel, I also
changed the CPU type to "core2/newer Xeon", as I've found that works
fine on baytrail.

I hope this news is interesting. I'll be sending another email about
RemixOS in a little while

All the best

* for X in ../rtl8723bs/patches//*; do echo "== $X ==" ; patch -p1 < $X ; done