Linux On A Toshiba Click Mini...

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Thu Mar 10 19:04:53 CET 2016

Le jeudi 11 février 2016 à 11:03 +0000, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> On 11 February 2016 at 09:40, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> > * kernel 4.4
> > * wifi sdio driver (freeze at latest attempt)
> > I'm still at the wifi step... I'd ideally like to integrate it into the
>
> I could only get wifi to stop locking the system up by using the
> kernel baytrail patches off the hadess git repo... and even then it's
> not great.
> Even in Windows the WiFi isn't wonderful, so I use the WiFi adaptor I
> bought for my Rasberry Pi, which is fairly compact and doesn't stick
> out too far.

I have upgraded the xserver-xorg-video-intel to 2:2.99.917-2~bpo8+1,
which didn't prevent hard freezes (even without sdio wifi). But I tried
to disable "windows animations" in the Gnome environment, reducing the
3D need, which leads to "less freezes" (not much, still not usable).
Going further, I currently use the machine with OpenBox (very basic
window manager) since a few days, with no freezes at all (still using
Evolution, Iceweasel, gnome terminal, Empathy). That's not very friendly
to me, but proves that the graphics driver is involved in freezes. My
previous experience with these kind of freezes (mostly on Sandy Bridge)
proved to fix magically in some way, just waiting for newer versions.

I was not able to launch Wayland instead of X, which work on my Debian
jessie desktop.
The main problem with this is the 100% backlight all the time. The
hadess patch does not work because the backlight on the TCM is not
driven the same way as it is on the Asus Chi. I'm still working on this.

Have a nice day !

(to sevindik.fatih@ and wsl@ : please tell us if those emails copies
annoy you and I'll stop)

--