Linux On A Toshiba Click Mini...

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 19:04:53 CET 2016

I tried RemixOS, an Android-x86 based OK.  It runs as a live image off
a USB stick, so easy to try out, just need a blank USB stick, it takes
700MB.

The good news: it boots up

What works:
* the screen
* the touch screen
* the dock's USB port
* the tablet's microUSB port works in host mode
* a USB combo hub with ethernet gives me a working network.

Bad news, things that don't work:
* the dock's keyboard doesn't work - needs I2C HID stuff enabled in kernel.
* the dock's touchpad doesn't work - I2C HID drivers needed
* wifi doesn't work - needs a specific driver adding from
https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs
* sound doesn't work

I was able to install the Amazon App Store and get a few apps working.

It used kernel 4.0.9, so it must be possible to build the required
modules for the dock keyboard and touchpad, which would make it half
useful.