Linux On A Toshiba Click Mini...

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 19:04:53 CET 2016

There appears to be four of us able and interested in getting linux
work better than the "runs without crashing too soon".

So I am appending the most recent communications I have had with
Nicolas H, who I am hoping will be able to build a kernel which is
quite stable. I will then reinstall my Tosh Click Mini with 64 bit
debian and use that.

So far on my TCM, I've had the following working:
* tablet hardware: screen, touch-screen, microUSB, wifi, microSD card slot
* dock hardware: dock keyboard, touch pad, USB, SDHC card slot

Not working:
* hardware: sound, front camera, back camera, bluetooth, volume
control, screen brightness
* software: suspend/resume

I've found the Asus T100 community has sometimes been helpful as there
are some similarities:
   https://plus.google.com/communities/117853703024346186936

I also used ideas from Fedlet:
   https://www.happyassassin.net/category/fedlet/

But the main resource for Baytrail patches has been hadess rtl wifi:
    https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs

If you guys have discovered any great linux-on-baytrail resources, do
please circulate them!

regards
Paul