sensors and hardware buttons - was Re: 4.7.0-rc2

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 22:53:29 CEST 2016

On 30 June 2016 at 21:05, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
>> maybe we can hack up something to read the pins directly?
>
> I didn't find the GPI or pin number for those buttons anywhere in the

a generic GPIO sniffer might be useful

> There is also a cheap french one there if someone want to get involved :
> http://www.ldlc-pro.com/fiche/PB00198724.html

would that have a French keyboard?

> By the way : 4.7.0rc5 x64 works great here, but the Wifi driver stops
> responding after a while, with an error like "nobody cared for IRQ187"

/proc/interrupts says that's mmc1

 187:        125          0          0          0   IO-APIC   46-fasteoi   mmc1

so tallies with the SDIO wifi. I've never seen it on a different IRQ,
it's the same on older kernels, so it's not as if it's different in
4.7.