sound, of a sort (clicking)

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 23:48:00 CEST 2016

I built kernel 4.5.7 with john brodie patches and did a "modprobe
snd-intel-sst-acpi snd-intel-sst-core"

I discovered that if run alsamixer and toggle muting of these two on
and off, then I get a clicking from the speaker(s)

SPOL MIX SPKVOL L

SPOL MIX SPKVOL R

With this kernel, I get these sound devices, looks pretty much the
same as all the others.

root at toksvig:~# aplay -l
card 0: bytcrrt5640 [bytcr-rt5640], device 0: Baytrail Audio (*) []
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: bytcrrt5640 [bytcr-rt5640], device 1: Deep-Buffer Audio (*) []
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

root at toksvig:~# aplay -L
null
pulse
   PulseAudio Sound Server
default:CARD=bytcrrt5640
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=bytcrrt5640
   bytcr-rt5640,
dmix:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample mixing device
dmix:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample snooping device
dsnoop:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct hardware device without any conversions
hw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=0
   bytcr-rt5640,
   Hardware device with all software conversions
plughw:CARD=bytcrrt5640,DEV=1