4.7.0-rc2

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Jun 12 22:56:56 CEST 2016

Le 12 juin 2016 21:29:15 GMT+02:00, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> a écrit :
>We also have a friend who's a linux guru, we're hoping he'll buy one
>too, he's pretty sure that the ACPI DSDT tables are probably wrong
>which is likely to be causing the hardware to be set up wrongly.

I'm pretty sure there are bad stuff in the DSDT or other ACPI tables. Toshiba is used to have specific stuff here. I always wonder how Windows drivers can work on so many different devices with so many buggy ACPI tables... I never tried to decompile or understand those tables though.
Things that may works after DSDT tweaks :
* backlight
* sound
* maybe SDIO/SDcard
* re-docking
* buttons
Things that probably rely on better drivers :
* touchpad in native mode (not PS2 emulation) (pretty sure)
* general SD and/or GPIO stuff
* internal wifi/bluetooth
There may also be bad bugs in the controlers for both parts of the device (BIOS upgrade or not upgradable).
--
NH