Android x86 6.0rc1 marshmallow with working keyboard and trackpad

Stefan M. mail4stefm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:11:10 CEST 2016

Hello,
My name is Stefan and I am new to this Toshiba click mini mailing list.

There is a brand new release of Android x86 6.0 marshmallow:
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-6-0-rc1
However still the trackpad and keyboard of the Click mini is not working.

I managed to re-build the kernel with a few applied patches from

john_brodie_4.6-Patches-2016-05-16.zip
<http://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/toshiba_click_mini_l9w/john_brodie_4.6-Patches-2016-05-16.zip>
I applied the following patches (don't know If the others are necessary):

patch -p1 < disable-i8042.patch
patch -p1 < disable-CRC.patch
patch -p1 < rpmb.patch
patch -p1 < EnableToshibaClickMini_Touchscreen.patch

So now the touchscreen, trackpad and keyboard is working :-)
In order to successfully build the kernel I had to disable many WLAN
drivers (It didn't build otherwise).
However I added the driver from https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs, so
WLAN is working.
I also added more boot options for different intel_idle.max_cstate values.

Changing the CPU architecture from "Pentium M" to "Intel Atom" in the
kernel config was not a good idea, as this resulted in a very slow and
unstable system...

I uploaded the modified image at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8oiZc1XOc8weWhEVUUwcHN4S2s&usp=sharing

To use it just format a USB-Stick with Fat32 and copy the files from the
.zip on it.

There are still many things not working:
- When display is turned off (or should be turned off, because it does
not really turn off) then no input works anymore.
However if you plug in another USB device the system works again
It is not possible to disable the feature completely (30 min is the
maximum). So the Settings.apk must be modified

- The system hangs sometimes completely (at least if
intel_idle.max_cstate=1 is not set)
- ...