kernel 4.6.1

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 16:11:51 CEST 2016

On 8 June 2016 at 08:52, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> wrote:

> I'll try the 32 bit 4.6.1 kernel and leave it running to get some idea
> of stability

I am fairly sure it crapped out, because I can't ping it any more from
my firewall.

It's got to be something specific to baytrail hardware because the VM
I use for building kernels has been running the same kernel and hasn't
showed any signs of stability problems.

Anyway, I kicked off a 4.6.1-i686 build with John Brodie patches in
some vague hope it will be better - there's a load of changes to the
intel i915 drivers (search here for "intel":
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/diff/?id=v4.6.2&id2=v4.6.1&dt=2