Status and Questions

Manuel manuelsoukup at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:40:05 CEST 2016

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the heads up :-)

Why is it sad, that the 4.6 kernel is NOT unstable ?
What kernel do u use ?

hmm ok what is the problem with the back light ?
if the device is recognized: Did you try to set the values manual ?

->  setpci -s DEVICE_ID F4.B=FFF

I read here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1413446
That there are systems with dual mode HDA and I2S Sound.
Has anybody tried to supply the workaround to pass acpi_os="!Windows
2013" as a kernel parameter?

Also for the sound did you use the alsa.state file supplied in the T100
thread with the kernel ?

Could you include the grub parameter for the sd card slot into your blog
? So we have a good writeup on what to do when, to get most of the stuff
working ?
For now i miss such a think like this:
http://www.jfwhome.com/2016/01/04/latest-steps-to-install-ubuntu-on-the-asus-t100ta/
If you want i can help with the writeup :-)

Could you supply more infomation (vendor, name, ids etc) for the
cameras, bluetooth etc so i can do some googleing?

Why do the buttons not work ? are raw key events detected ?

Is systemd stable ? (no interrupts fireing if the suspend-lid service is
killed?)

How soon can we expect sound to work ? Next months or years ?

Ok enought questions for now.

Im sorry but im totally new to this baytrail stuff...

Thanks

Manuel