Aw: Re: fixup.c in linux kernel

radolfyr at web.de radolfyr at web.de
Mon Jul 4 19:49:24 CEST 2016

Thank you for the clarification and the hint how to get DMI_PRODUCT_VERSION. :-)
I tested it anyway, however as expected no improvement.

Gesendet: Montag, 04. Juli 2016 um 18:58 Uhr
Von: "Nicolas Huillard" <nicolas at huillard.net>
An: click at tinc-vpn.org
Betreff: Re: fixup.c in linux kernel
Le lundi 04 juillet 2016 à 16:57 +0200, radolfyr at web.de a écrit :
> in the linux kernel there is an interesding file:
> ./arch/x86/pci/fixup.c
> It contains some interresting fixup code for toshiba notebooks ("in
> some cases, the device will generate an interrupt on the wrong IRQ
> line...")
> Don't know if the click has a TI TSB43AB22/A.

The Sharks Cove reference design doesn't seem to have one.
If I read correctly, this is a 1394 controller, ie. FireWire, which the
TCM doesn't have :
http://www.ti.com/product/tsb43ab22

> I would like to add the toshiba click mini to the list and test what
> happens. However I don't know what value for DMI_PRODUCT_VERSION I
> have to use.
> Sadly I have no knowlede in kernel development so just trying out
> something.
> Does somebody know the correct DMI_PRODUCT_VERSION value?

The dmidecode commandes gives a lot of information :
dmidecode --string system-version
PDW0FE-002006FR
This string happens to be written down on the label at the back of the
device : "Part No."
The correct match in your case would be "PDW0FE".

--
Nicolas Huillard