Brightness control and 4.7.0rc5

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Fri Jul 1 17:42:39 CEST 2016

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2016 à 16:12 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> On 1 July 2016 at 09:08, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> > I noticed that brightness control, using xrandr, does not work with 4.7.
> > The same tiny script still works with 4.6, and worked with all older
> > kernels.
>
> is that the xrandr brightness feature that doesn't actually change the
> screen backlight itself?

Yes : I thus cannot drive the LEDs, and not adjust the LCD either
(gamma/opacity/brightness using xrandr)...
I didn't find any logs anywhere explaining the issue (.xsession,
Xorg.0.log, kernel.log, etc.). I also verified that it works fine when
using an older kernel (4.6) with the same Xorg et al...
As of now, this is a 4.7rc5-related issue...

--
Nicolas Huillard