kernel 4.6-rc2 with John Brodie patches - was Re: kernel 4.6-rc1

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Thu Apr 28 18:50:32 CEST 2016

Le jeudi 28 avril 2016 à 17:41 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> On 28 April 2016 at 17:19, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> > All this was with 4.5.
>
> are you using systemd at all? Did you reconfigured the "lid closed"
> action in some way.

I simply disabled the "lid closed" action in systemd, as you suggested a
long time ago. Nothing new here, except for the fact that the hardware
(probably the proprietary system controller) switches the backlight off.
The computer is a bit hot when closed like this, suggesting it is fully
working, and not sleeping...

> please can you post the config for your kernel, and a reference to the
> patch set you used. I'll build an equivalent 32 bit kernel.

This is the kernel I used since a few weeks, for which I posted
my .config earlier, with the intel_idle.max_cstate=1 argument I recently
added. Nothing fancy...

--
NH