directly booting linux from EFI

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Wed Apr 20 17:21:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

I knew this was possible, but I wonder about the fallback in case of
problem (kernel testing, etc.), and long-term upgrade path (apt-get
won't update the kernel copied in /boot/efi/, for instance).
This is specially nice because GRUB is just a functional copy of the EFI
boot process, and having two consecutive steps for a single task is a
bit too much...
I'll test that once I'm more confident with it, and I decide to
definitely get rid of (currently broken) Windows...

--
NH