kernel 4.6-rc2 with John Brodie patches - was Re: kernel 4.6-rc1

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Wed Apr 6 12:29:40 CEST 2016

Le mercredi 06 avril 2016 à 11:17 +0100, Paul Mansfield a écrit :
> kernel is pretty good, left my TCM running all day and it didn't crash
> - the ralink USB wifi does grind to a halt and crash under heavy load,
> but that's a different issue.
>
> still no sound - doesn't even appear to be trying to initialise it.
> no brightness control - I installed xbacklight and it reports the
> driver can't control it
> no sign of any camera driver
> bluetooth - SDIO serial times out just like it previously did.
>

> so, I think we have a useable linux platform, better than nothing not great.

I'll have to recompile it for x64 then... I'll only really miss the
backlight setting (related to battery life), and maybe the CPU power
management (battery life too). I use it as a tiny laptop, usually with
ethernet... Maybe my Android phone can also be used as an USB-to-wifi
bridge (USB-to-3G is probably OK too; didn't test yet).

Thanks all for your work !

--
NH