kernel 4.6-rc2 with John Brodie patches - was Re: kernel 4.6-rc1

Paul Mansfield paul at mansfield.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 13:57:48 CEST 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 00:01, Paul Mansfield <paul at mansfield.co.uk> wrote:
> sadly the keyboard, touchpad and touchscreen don't work. I'll apply
> the hack to the usbhid.c file and build a new.

I rebuilt the kernel with the usb-i2c 0401 hack, and although I've
only had a few minutes of testing, this kernel built with the John
Brodie patches is much better than one I previously built from the
vanilla kernel with just the Haddess SDIO Wifi patches.
I only got a few minutes to test it this morning (damn this having to
go to work thing!)... it doesn't have the strange laggyness!

Working:
* HID: touchscreen, touchpad, keyboard.
* microSD slot
* ACPI power indication
* dock's USB port

Not working:
* SDIO Wifi doesn't work, had to revert to the Ralink USB adaptor again.
* bluetooth

Not tested (but have never worked)
* sound
* screen brightness control