Trying to understand "redirect-gateway" option

jradxl at yahoo.com jradxl at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 17:51:00 CEST 2019

Trying to understand "redirect-gateway" option
Is this url info correct for the current Tinc 1.0.35 version?
.../tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway
What is the script?
/etc/tinc/myvpn/hosts/server-up

Is it really a extra bit to be added to,/etc/tinc/myvpn/tinc-up

If I read and apply the instructions to my routed setup, then all I need to add isip route add 0.0.0.0/1 dev $INTERFACE
ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 dev $INTERFACE
which doesn't work.

my tinc-up looks like this
#!/bin/bash
ip link  set $INTERFACE up
ip addr  add 192.168.60.27/24 dev $INTERFACE
ip route add 192.168.14.0/24 dev $INTERFACE

#VPN_GATEWAY=192.168.60.27
#ORIGINAL_GATEWAY=`ip route show | grep ^default | cut -d ' ' -f 2-5`

#ip route add $REMOTEADDRESS $ORIGINAL_GATEWAY
#ip route add $VPN_GATEWAY dev $INTERFACE
#ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via $VPN_GATEWAY dev $INTERFACE
#ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via $VPN_GATEWAY dev $INTERFACE

ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 dev $INTERFACE
ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 dev $INTERFACE

What I am trying to do is:-I have Tinc connecting local LANs in Spain and UK.One of the PC in Spain runs Kodi, and it  shows UK TV from tvheadend without a problem, where clearly the tv pictures come across via Tinc.However, the internet route is to Spain, such that  iPlayer does not work.I would really like this one PC to get its internet connection via Tinc, which is what I believe a --redirect-gateway mode would achieve.
Can anyone further explain this psuedo option.
ThanksJohn