Cannot access other computers on LAN

Julien dupont marcelvierzon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:06:43 CET 2019

In most howtos it is instructed to enable port forwarding with 'echo 1 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward', but they don't say it's not permanent... So
it was gone when I rebooted the machine.

I then disabled the firewall on the VPN_office machine... And it works! If
obviously VPN_out must be highly secured, I guess there is no problem to
disable the firewall on VPN_office? Everything is blocked on our LAN
router.I don't understand why it was on in first place as I did not enable
it.

Thanks you very much Lars for your kind help. Although I browsed a lot of
help pages and howto, I did not find any that was actually telling the
*full* right set of instructions.