IPV4/IPV6 network connecting tinc nodes.

Perry Couprie perry at couprie.net
Wed Feb 13 15:01:09 CET 2019

Hi everybody.

I added two Address values to a host file, one for a ipv6 address en one
for a ipv4 address.

ci1143800182:Address = 2001:xxx:xxxx:xxx:99b5:d0aa:27b3:d158
ci1143800182:Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The documentation says :

*Address = <**IP address**|**hostname**> [<port>] [recommended]*

    *This variable is only required if you want to connect to this host.
    It must resolve to the external IP address where the host can be
    reached, not the one that is internal to the VPN.*

    * If no port is specified, the default Port is used. Multiple
    Address variables can be specified, in which case each address will
    be tried until a working connection has been established.*

The tinc daemon wil try to connect to the ipv6 address, that wil fail
with a  Network is unreachable, after that it wil nog try to connect to
the second address.

Is this a configuration problem or a bug. I want to create a hybride
ipv6/ipv4 network :-)

Greeting from Amsterdam, Netherlands,

Perry