Please help with configuration (Drake Drake)

jradxl at yahoo.com jradxl at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:20:50 CET 2019

 Hello Drake,
I am doing the same... Spanish TV to my UK home, and UK TV to my Spanish home, using Kodi and TVHeadend!!It works really well, but find that I need powerful PCs running Kodi/PVR-HTS to prevent buffering.
The Tinc VPN does not filter ports - all ports are available at each end. Since you're likely to be behind NAT this is safe.
The port numbers 9981 and 9982 are only needed in the PVR-HTS Addon within Kodi, assuming you're starting TVHeadend with the defaults.
It took me many hours of reading the Tinc docs and examples many times to get the configuration!!
And Micheal's comments were a good summery.
John
  1. Re: Please help with configuration (Drake Drake)
  2. Re: Please help with configuration (Michael Munger)
Thanks Michael, I will proceed like this. I think I didn't have UDP 655 forwarded on the remote server, will do that (had it at my client's router).If tinc connects, will both server and client see each other, for example I will be able to access all webui's running on SERVER from CLIENT side? For example, SERVER is running webui of Tvheadend on 192.168.0.4:9981 How can I access that from CLIENT? Do I need to use iptables or routing?Thanks,drake