Port command in pfSense package

Peter Whisker peter at whisker.org.uk
Tue Sep 11 13:41:40 CEST 2018

Hi

I need to add a "Port=" command to my host file as I need to use
different UDP and TCP ports when connecting to the host because of a
firewall inĀ  the middle. When I do this in Linux, it correctly
identifies and uses different ports for TCP and UDP when connecting to
the remote host.

However with the version in pfSense, it seems to ignore the "Port = xxx"
line - I don't see any traffic being tried on the specified port (using
tcpdump on the pfSense command line). I can confirm it is added to the
hosts file.

Anyone else tried this or know what's happening?

Thanks
Peter