Cannot connect when using BindAddress

Jonny Tyers jtyers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:28:16 CET 2018

Thanks all for your messages; ListenAddress is in fact the thing I am
looking for, thank you. To Jookia's point about firewalls, I of course
use a firewall to protect ports but in the name of defending in depth,
I'd rather not expose a listening port in the first place if it is
never to be used.

Many other daemons use 'bind address' terminology in their
documentation when talking about listen-only sockets; I think it would
be a good idea to add a line to the man page next to 'BindAddress'
pointing out 'ListenAddress' so less attentive users (like myself)
don't get caught out by it.

--
Jonny Tyers