site-site vpn setup..

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:40:40 CEST 2018

My non IT staff used tinc for years and years on ~20 roaming TabletPCs and
never knew.  I cant get them to copy-n-paste.

Even Microsoft PowerShell 6 builds in a ssh client and _server_ to remotely
manage MS Windows and this what allows Ansible to perform DSC on fleets of
windows and Linux machines.

 I suspect the article is from the GUI only dark ages of Steve Ballmer.

Windows 2012 LOGO’ed network switches are meant to be configured from the
CLI over ssh.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:09 AM Rafael Wolf <rfwolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Al like any open-source or free sofware you need to put the leg work into
> what you want it to be.
>
> My company is actually creating something using TINC and we believe in
> it.  If successful we'll be giving back to TINC monetarily in a big way to
> make TINC even better so if TINC isn't for you keep an eye on further
> developments in the future.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Rafael
>

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
> wrote:
>
>> SNMP is mainly used for monitoring, not _server_ automation.
>>
>> Also, it's inherently insecure for anything else - only SNMPv3 offers any
>> kind of encryption, and it's DES - 56 bit only, and you can easily
>> brute-force it on an average computer.
>>

>> If you could provide some serious articles about why is CLI insecure, I'd
>> be interested to read.
>>

>> Tomasz Chmielewski
>> https://lxadm.com
>>

>> On 2018-03-30 00:48, al so wrote:
>>
>>> Just search online why in general that is insecure via CLI vs
>>> programmatic for first class automation..  there is a reason why snmp,
>>> rest, ... exist.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 3:50 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> You've mentioned security issues in your previous email, but now

>>> You can find an example of a site-to-site VPN with four sites here:
>>>
>>> http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation/Example-configuration.html [1] [1]
>>> [1]
>>>
>>> Assuming I have two routers at two sites running tinc vpn along

>>> routing feature.
>>>>>

>>> If you only have two sites, then just look at the example
>>> configuration
>>> for "Branch A" and "Branch B" in the page I linked, and ignore the