site-site vpn setup..

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Mar 25 10:44:02 CEST 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 02:16:20PM -0700, al so wrote:

> >  Is there any quickstart guide to setup site-to-site VPN using Tinc 1.1
> > pre-rel?

You can find an example of a site-to-site VPN with four sites here:

http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation/Example-configuration.html

> >  Assuming I have two routers at two sites running tinc vpn along with
> > routing feature.

If you only have two sites, then just look at the example configuration
for "Branch A" and "Branch B" in the page I linked, and ignore the other
two sites.

> >  Once I setup manually and validate the connection, I want to automate
> > using REST APIs.

Tinc does not expose any REST APIs. With tinc 1.1, you can use the
command line tool to automate things though, see:

http://tinc-vpn.org/documentation-1.1/Controlling-tinc.html