issues connecting in other sites

Chris . chris-message at outlook.com
Fri Mar 16 05:24:50 CET 2018

Regarding the connect to spaces and = is a great question which I do not know. What is the proper configuration for the connect to command and how should it be used. I do not see specifically I nthe documentation that specifies that for the /etc/config/tinc file.

The pfsense is just the name given by the initial person that set it up and has nothing specific to do with pfsense.

When I edit the /tmp/tinc/NETNAME/tinc.conf file and reboot it (I think obviously) changes. How would I make the change stick. Does it default look at the /etc/tinc/NETNAME/tinc.conf first before it looks at the /tmp...... location? I tried to create the file in /etc/tinc/NETNAME directory but that seemed to have no effect after adding the new site to an existing location.

Here is an existing site called pfsense12
CONTENTS of /etc/tinc/NETNAME/hosts/pfsense100
(RSA PUBLIC KEY IS HERE)

CONTENTS of /etc/config/tinc
config tinc-net NETNAME
        option enabled 1
        option logfile /tmp/log/tinc.log
#       option debug 1
        option AddressFamily ipv4

        list ConnectTo pfsense2
        list ConnectTo pfsense4
        list ConnectTo pfsense18
        list ConnectTo pfsense201
        list ConnectTo pfsense11
        list ConnectTo pfsense7
        list ConnectTo pfsense1
        list ConnectTo pfsense16
        list ConnectTo pfsense19
        list ConnectTo pfsense17
        list ConnectTo pfsense20
        list ConnectTo pfsense26
        list ConnectTo pfsense100
        list ConnectTo pfsense27

        option Name pfsense12

        option PrivateKeyFile /etc/tinc/NETNAME/rsa_key.priv

config tinc-host pfsense20
        option enabled 1
        option net NETNAME
        list Address PUBLIC IP OF THIS SITE
        option Subnet 172.16.20.0/24

config tinc-host pfsense7
        option enabled 1
        option net NETNAME
        list Address PUBLIC IP OF THIS SITE
        option Subnet 172.16.7.0/24

config tinc-host pfsense100
        option enabled 1
        option net NETNAME
        list Address PUBLIC IP OF THIS SITE
        option Subnet 172.16.17.100/24

.... IT continues to list all of the sites.

Below is the contents of the new site that we are trying to add.
CONTENTS of /etc/tinc/NETNAME/hosts/pfsense12
(RSA PUBLIC KEY IS HERE)

CONTENTS of /etc/config/tinc
config tinc-net NETNAME
        option enabled 1
        option logfile /var/log/tinc.log
        option debug 5
        option AddressFamily ipv4

        list ConnectTo pfsense201
        list ConnectTo pfsense7
        list ConnectTo pfsense4
        list ConnectTo pfsense12
        list ConnectTo pfsense11
        list ConnectTo pfsense1
        list ConnectTo pfsense16
        list ConnectTo pfsense19
        list ConnectTo pfsense2
        list ConnectTo pfsense28
        list ConnectTo pfsense29

        option Name pfsense100

        option PrivateKeyFile /etc/tinc/NETNAME/rsa_key.priv

config tinc-host pfsense28
        option enabled 1
        option net NETNAME
        list Address PUBLIC IP HERE