iproute2 problems

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue Jun 12 17:10:56 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 05:11:44PM +0700, Robert Horgan wrote:

> Trying to connect to db1 (10.130.39.180 port 655)
> Timeout from db1 (10.130.39.180 port 655) during authentication
> Could not set up a meta connection to db1

That means it tried to connect to db1 but either the TCP connection
itself did not work out, or there was indeed a timeout during
authentication. However, the "timeout during authentication" will also
appear if the initial TCP connection timed out.

> db1 firewall is OK (existing tinc traffic connecting and PF rule for this server in place) and I wonder whether the message

Are you sure? What happens if you manually telnet/socket 10.130.39.180
655 from web3?