Relaying some UDP traffic through tinc?

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Fri Apr 13 19:17:01 CEST 2018

I can confirm that Steam In-Home Streaming does work properly over tinc,
for having tried it myself, as long as tinc is configured to route the
broadcasts properly, as Guus described. Note that it would be easier to set
up tinc nodes on your Windows desktop and Linux laptops, to avoid the
additional complication of having to relay broadcast packets between your
local networks and the tinc network. This is what I do in my setup.

That said, it strikes me as a bit odd that Steam is sending broadcast to a
.127 address. That would indicate that your local network is configured as
/25, which could be a valid configuration but is a bit unusual. Are you
sure your subnets are configured correctly?