"firewall mark" (Linux only)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Apr 2 16:59:22 CEST 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 09:29:04AM +0000, Clemens Schrimpe wrote:

> I was about to add code to allow for specifying a „firewall mark“ for the traffic generated by tinc in order to make it easier to be policy routed and just wanted to check if somebody else might be „on it“ already.
>
> Was this discussed somewhere else already? Is it even already on the todo-list?

Yes, it was discussed before, and to my shock and horror a patch was
made by Olivier Tirat in 2016 that I seem to have totally forgotten
about:

https://www.tinc-vpn.org/pipermail/tinc/2016-October/004679.html

I have committed a new patch for tinc 1.1 that does the same, the
difference with Olivier's patch is that it is configured using the new
"FWMark" option in tinc.conf. My apologies to Olivier!