Migrate from Tinc-VPN v1.0 to TINC-VPN v1.1

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Sun Apr 1 03:34:46 CEST 2018

Hello Ramses,

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 01:44:01 +0200
schrieb Ramses <ramses.sevilla at gmail.com>:

> [..]
>
> Correct?

in general, this is exactly the right procedure.

> I have installed Raspbian 7 (Wheezy). I will have problems doing this
> proccess un Raspbian?

Raspbian (being derived from Debian) is not a problem.
The old base distribution (wheezy) is a problem.
In the package requirements list of the tinc package in experimental [1], you
will note that the version requirements at least for libc6 and libssl1.1
will not work with wheezy.
Thus it will not be that easy.

Your options seem to be:
A) upgrade your system to Stretch (you will need to do this somewhen, anyway)
B) build the package from experimental on your wheezy system
   See [2] for a good documentation. You can stop reading after "Rebuild without
   changes".
   You will need to try, if the package can be built in a wheezy environment.
C) follow Rafael's suggestion and build tinc from source
   Since tinc is basically just one executable, you will be able to use it
   easily in parallel with your currently installed tinc package.
   Probably you will just need to run "apt-get build-dep tinc" and then "make"
   in the tinc source directory. (just guessing)

Cheers,
Lars

[1] https://packages.debian.org/experimental/tinc
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingTutorial