How to route between tinc and physical interface.

Leonardo Taborda leonardotaborda at networkbogota.org
Tue Sep 19 02:57:39 CEST 2017

Hello everyone.

First of all, i congratulate tinc and its community for such reliable
tool it is.

I am working on a community wireless project where we have an isolated
mesh network that we want to link by VPN. In order to fulfill this
requirement we setup a tinc VPN, with two "nodes", servera and serverb.
Servera has ip 10.0.0.1/24 and serverb has 10.0.0.2/24, and a spare
network interface (enx00010a0b7359) where we intend to connect a mesh
router with 10.1.1.1/24 as ip address. The final goal is to have all the
mesh being accesible through tinc by anyone having our vpn set up in
their laptops. It will help us to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.

Thus, I am having a hard time trying to get this setup working. I
assigned enx00010a0b7359 10.1.1.2 on serverb and i can ping it from
10.0.0.1, but if i plug the mesh router with 10.1.1.1 as ip, i got no
response, but a traceroute partially works, getting the first hop but
failing to finish the trace.

Tried doing a bridge with brctl but i end having the same results,
almost done but something little is missing.

My apologies if the description is not enough clear.

Regards

--
Cordialmente

Leonardo Taborda Ángel