Packet capture to analysis the tinc connection close

Bright Zhao startryst at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 00:35:41 CEST 2017

And, I ran a constant ping from the tinc client’s IP to the tinc server’s IP, it shows, the pings are all successfully back and forth, no any packet loss during the connection drop happens, so will this help to exclude any NAT/firewall cause the connection drop?

And as you saw from the earlier screen shot, when it happens, it drop all tinc connections, and those connections are for different direction of tinc servesr, and the packet capture is just show one of the connections.

I do realize the connection drop in the picture happens 10 mins, but the tinc client is direct connect to SP with public routable IP, without any firewall/NAT. Just trying to know if there’s any other reason might cause this?

And BTW, this type of connection drop is not regularly with pattern, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t.