Packet capture to analysis the tinc connection close

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Oct 1 21:26:27 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:59:22AM +0800, Bright Zhao wrote:

> Earlier, my tinc topology is this: https://ibb.co/bP1EJa <https://ibb.co/bP1EJa>, let me explain a little bit:
>
> client configuration:
> Name = client
> AddressFamily = ipv4
> ProcessPriority = high
> PingTimeout = 10
> TunnelServer = yes
[...]
> But after I changed the tinc topology to this: https://ibb.co/eOS4ZF <https://ibb.co/eOS4ZF>, the connection from client1 to a1 is much stable, never drop after couple of days….

Hm, I don't think TunnelServer is really suitable for that first topology. It
was meant for a central node, to which clients connect. It's not meant
for a client that connects to multiple nodes that have connections
between themselves. I'd try removing TunnelServer = yes first from all
nodes, and then check whether that improves things or not.