Improving packets/sec and data rate - v1.0.24

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Wed May 17 19:26:58 CEST 2017

I once filed this issue and did an investigation on high CPU load on
cloud instances that might be relevant to this topic:

https://github.com/gsliepen/tinc/issues/110

If I remember correctly I found that AWS EC2 instances have this problem
less than DigitalOcean instances.

On bare metal machines with tinc 1.0 and aes-128-cbc, I can get 90% of
gigabit line speed over tinc.